Innovative Behavioral Therapies
Making a difference in children’s lives.
What is ABA?
- ABA is defined as the science in which the principles of the analysis of behavior are applied systematically to improve socially significant behavior, and in which experimentation is used to identify the variables responsible for change in behavior.
- ABA is Applied: Focuses on areas that are of social significance.
- ABA is Behavioral: Behavior itself must change.
- ABA is Analytic: Control the behavior that is being changed by changing the control behavior.
- ABA is Technological: Replicate the application with the same results.
- ABA is Conceptually Systematic: Using procedures and interpreting results of these procedures in terms of the principles from which they were derived.
- ABA is Effective: Application of these techniques changes the behavior it seeks to change.
- ABA is Generality: Persists over time, in different environments, and spreads to other behaviors not directly treated by the intervention.